Top 20 Motivational Quotes For HR Professionals
Scroll down through this blog to see some of the best motivational quotes for entrepreneurs and HR professionals.
1. The secret to motivating your employees? Find out what they want and show them how to get it.
“Management is nothing more than motivating other people."
2. Because speech is silver, but silence is golden.
“Every good conversation starts with listening.”
3. Good employees make mistakes and good leaders allow them to.
“Recently, I was asked if I was going to fire an employee who made a mistake that cost the company $600,000. No, I replied, I just spent $600,000 training him. Why would I want somebody to hire his experience?”
Thomas John Watson Sr.
4. One of the most productive things the HR teams and hiring managers can do is to create a strong culture that helps employees be themselves at work.
"Allow people to be themselves. People want to be GREAT, great companies let them be GREAT."
5. Motivation is all about return on emotional investment into a company.
"When people are financially invested, they want a return. When people are emotionally invested, they want to contribute."
6. Recruitment is key to success.
"Development can help great people be even better - but if I had a dollar to spend, I'd spend 70 cents getting the right person in the door."
7. Employees are your most valuable assets.
“I am convinced that nothing we do is more important than hiring and developing people. At the end of the day you bet on people, not on strategies.”
8. You can’t buy good attitude.
"Hire character. Train skill."
9. Being a good leader means having the compassion to listen to the needs and feelings of others.
— M3S (@M3Ssolutions) January 8, 2018
"To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart."
10. Inspire, don't push.
"You cannot push anyone up the ladder unless he is willing to climb.”
11. Be an innovative thinker.
"Inventive Thinking, just as planning is a key ingredient in making things happen."
12. Motivation can come from the inside or outside.
“True motivation comes from achievement, personal development, job satisfaction, and recognition.”
13. A company cannot grow without their leaders growing first.
“The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.”
14. HR goes way beyond hiring and firing.
“Human resources isn’t a thing we do. It’s the thing that runs our business.”
15. Employees are not disposable commodities.
“One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.”
16. Appreciate the real value of human resources.
"Human resources are like natural resources; they're often buried deep. You have to go looking for them; they're not just lying around on the surface."
17. Employees are integral to an organisation’s success.
“The value of a business is a function of how well the financial capital and the intellectual capital are managed by the human capital. You'd better get the human capital part right.”
18. The hiring process CAN affect brand reputation.
“You’re not just recruiting employees, but are sowing the seeds of your reputation.”
19. The people strategy is the business strategy.
"Ultimately, delivering strategy is about hiring the right people and motivating them to deliver results.”
-Helen M. & P. Schubert
20. Passion can't be taught.
“Hire for passion and intensity; there is training for everything."